LIFE: Just do it

18/08/2015

Illustration by myself

This week I found out that I have been confirmed as a second year (transfer) student at Manchester Met to study Fashion Design and Technology: Menswear. Now it's all starting to feel real, I'm super excited to go and have a 'fresh' start on University life. Having done the whole first year / freshers experience, I've written 6 tips for all you new students out there!

Talk to everyone - every night out, every social event, every lecture, just talk to people. It's an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends!

Organise your money - as boring as it sounds, budgeting your money for each week means you won't go blowing it all in the first week. (Trust me I know people who have done this)  

Explore your new home - I don't just mean walking round your room and flat; explore the city that is going to be your new home for the next 3-4 years. When your friends and family visit you won't be short of places to take them!

Don't be 'that guy' - If you're coming home late or have left numerous plates in the sink, please remember that you live with other people (something some of my previous housemates seemed to forget). Just don't be an ass, common sense really?

Get a clothes horse - Not lucky enough to live at home during uni or close enough that your parents will your washing for you? Then afraid it's all down to you. It can get expensive, (due to student budget) sharing with flatmates splits the cost but also drying your clothes in your room saves you money on tumble-dryers. (TMI - short on underwear? Wash them in your bathroom sink provided you're in an ensuite!)

Kitchenware - Odds are you will not return home at the end of the year with everything you started with. It's okay and it's just a metaphor of your life.

There is obviously much more advice I could give, and I wish I'd known silly things before I'd started uni but you also have to experience things yourself (such an adult thing ah). University will be the worst times of your life but also the absolute best, so just get up and enjoy it! 

C x

8 comments

  1. well done on getting your second year confirmation lovely xx

    jordaneyasmin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menswear seems like such an interesting thing to study! Congrats on getting your 2nd year confirmation :)
    Your blog is so lovely! I'm a new follower ^^

    Alona | gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to give it a go! Thank you! I've given you a follow back! x

      Delete
  3. Great post! The 'talking to everyone' thing really is something we have to adopt :P
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/autumnwinter-wishlist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! I'll have a look now! x

      Delete
  4. I am thinking about studying fashion next year after highschool, and it is so cool to find talented fashion bloggers who has been already studying it! gives me hope and it is cool to follow someone who has already made it!
    xx

    cliche-w-difference.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should definitely do research into it if it's something you want to study! It's hard work but very exciting, if you ever want more posts about it or any help then my emails above to let me know! Thank you!! xx

      Delete

Copyright © Chloxlla
Design by Fearne