LIFE : Eventbrite FOMO

08/06/2016

New Years Eve!

Hi guys, today's post is about a website I recently came across called Eventbrite, which allows you find and plan events (which if you ask me is fancier than Facebook party invitations). They are encouraging people to get out more this summer so I decided to write a post about FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and why we should all definitely GOMO (Get Out More Often). If you want GOMO this summer then I'd recommend checking out the events near you, or you can even plan your own event here!

Image : Instagram (@chloxlla_)

First on my list is definitely visiting London more. I went last week for an interview to hopefully be taken on as an intern so visiting more over the summer would be perfect if I do end up living there for the next 12 months. My idea is to visit a couple of times with my favourite people, this includes my best friend Sophie (@sophiect_), my sister Emily (@emily_fearne), and my boy Ryan (@rymules). As I could be potentially moving to London for my placement year, I think visiting more before would be very beneficial to me. Getting used to my surroundings, plus London is one of my favourite cities and being able to jump on a train to visit is brilliant! On the list of things to do is definitely walking down Carnaby Street, then having some lunch in Covent Gardens, then visiting all the amazing museums. I sound like a real tourist!

Image from Pinterest

Next on the list is Barcelona! I've only ever been out of the UK 5 times in the whole 20 years of my life and I want to change that. Earlier this year I went on a trip to Amsterdam as part of my University course and it's definitely given me the travelling bug. Now I don't think I'm the type that wants to spend weeks on end travelling Europe, or going to 'Girls on tour' holidays either (IF THIS IS YOUR THING THEN TOTALLY GO FOR IT SISTAH, it's just not for me). I think I'd prefer to save up and go out to different countries through-out the year and spend my time, appreciating the culture and become a real tourist. Barcelona is a place I've dreamt of visiting for years, and as soon as I know what I'm doing come September, I hope I can book a trip there (and maybe more).

Image from Pinterest

Another thing you might know if you follow me on social media is that me and my best friend, Sophie, love going on road trips. Now we don't get to go very often as we both have Uni and both have part time jobs. So getting time off together can prove difficult sometimes. As summer is coming up and the last term on uni is coming to an end, we've planned a few places we'd like to visit. One being York. As we're both based up North anyway, taking a trip to York would be quite easy, but also very fun.
I've visited before years ago on family holidays and I have nothing but lovely memories of York and it's cuteness, so being able to go back with my best friend will be very enjoyable!


Image from google

Last on my list (for this blog post anyway!)is to go to a festival this summer. Now I went to one a couple of years ago and found that it really wasn't right for me at the time; after Ryan non stops talks about Reading, I feel that it would be vey fun to go and would be another thing ticked off my list for trying new things! Whilst I'm not one for camping, Ryan has assured me that I will have an amazing time because he has become quite the festival pro himself and knows what he is doing. I'm excited to enjoy good music and beer with lovely friends, whilst having an all round fun time!


Now I've rambled on about what I'd like to do with my summer, with lots of adventures planned involving lots of wonderful food, drinks and music, I want to hear what you guys are going to get up to! So comment below and it might sparks some more ideas on what to do with my spare time! 


C x 


Post a Comment

Copyright © Chloxlla
Design by Fearne