LIFE : June Update

04/07/2016

Hey everyone! 

So I thought I'd do a small June update for you all because I quite like reading them myself. June has been a weird month for me and it seems to have gone by really quickly, making it become one big blur but there have been a few moments to remember!
(&Other Stories Opening Event)

The start of June saw my best friend Sophie turn the grand old age of 20 (it's not old, I just like to annoy her). A group of us reunited for a weekend of food, booze and dancing in Cardiff. It has a special connection for some of us, due to us spending our first year of uni there, so it was really nice to be back with the girls (minus a few who were on holiday!).

(Tower Bridge - London)

Now for the big news. As I'm sure most of you will know with my hammering on about it on most social media platforms I have, I've been applying for a placement / internship as part of my uni course. Since the end of 2015 I've been handing out CV's, cover letters; sending off portfolio applications and much more. A couple of months ago I found it really difficult to carry on with applying as I kept getting so many knock backs and it was really getting to. I also had the last of my uni modules to deal with too, so as you can imagine it was a stressful time. 
After having lots of encouragement from family and friends, I persisted and I'm proud to say it's paid off. I am officially the latest design intern at Margaret Howell, where I'll be working with the team, starting the end of August / start of September.

I guess this is where I can say, hand on heart, that things really do happen for a reason. All the shit we may go through, and all the times we just want to give up because there's always someone better, just know that your time will come. We are all on different journeys, and we are all in different positions. Everything will work out the way it's meant to be!

C x

(p.s I think I may do more of these updates!)

Post a Comment

Copyright © Chloxlla
Design by Fearne