Life : 2016 vs 2017

05/01/2017

It would seem odd to just resume normal blogging of outfit posts and photo diaries, considering I haven't posted anything in over a week and we've welcomed a new year with open areas, I thought I'd write a little something to summarise what's going on in my head.
Now every blogger / youtuber / social media user will be sharing their highlights and New Years resolutions over the internet, which I personally think is wonderful and it makes me feel incredibly inspired, but I'm undecided on my own goals and attributions for 2017 and therefore perhaps feeling a little overwhelmed by the whole thing.

In the grand scheme of things 2016 was a wonderful year for me, I have so many incredible memories and gained so much experience, but 2016 was also the year I've come to terms with the fact I have problems with my mental health. More specifically dealing with anxiety.

Having only just really opened up to my family about this, it feels a little strange sharing to you guys all over the web, but with recent events going on in the world, it's clear that mental health issues need to be discussed more. I'm still coming to terms with it all, but hearing so many others share their own stories and experiences really does help and I hope that I can help others too.

I welcomed 2016 with my best friends in Manchester's finest, 42's, dancing my butt off and having a proper good time and I was really excited for what the year had to offer. I went to Amsterdam for the first time with my uni pals and fell in love with denim on a whole other level. I got matching tattoo's with my best friend. I worked my arse off during my second year and finished with a first which I am incredibly proud of. I went to Barcelona with my mum, sister, Soph and Lou. I accepted a 12 month placement offer to work in London for Margaret Howell, and then a few months later I moved down south. Whilst being in London, I've worked during Fashion Week, attended 2016 Fashion awards and done so many other wonderful things. So as you can see (read in this case) I had a pretty fab year,



As daunting as moving to London was, I still felt very proud and excited that I'd made it to the next 'level' in my degree before progressing onto final year. I love my job and I really do love London but there's something missing and that's where I realised that relationships with people, places and so much more can really have an impact on your outlook of things.
Whilst there's never a dull moment in London and there's always somewhere new to explore or something new to experience, it can feel incredibly lonely at times and unfortunately that's something I've had to deal with. I've always been an independent person, and I love doing things by myself, but when you get in after a long day at work and can't just pop next door to your best friends house to have a catch up and cuddles, it does feel quite odd.

In a way, I know that the next few months are going to continue to be difficult, but I have family and friends who continue to support me in everything I do and I couldn't be more grateful. Therefore I think my New Years resolutions are to learn to look after and love myself (making sure I don't put myself down all the god damn time) and to really focus on knowing what makes me truly happy. I'm still exciting for what this year has to bring because I've learnt you have to enjoy and appreciate the little things. 
Also to make sure I make more time to be more creative because I really miss it!

Well done if you've listened to me yammer on this much but I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings, and if I can't write it on my blog for the whole world to see, where can I say it? 

Thank you to everyone that has read my blog during 2016 and those who will continue to do so. 2017 is the year I will grow in confidence and learn to better myself. I hope to share more and more with you, and make my little space on the internet a bit more personal!

C x


4 comments

  1. Sounds like you've had a big year and congrats on moving to London and starting to open up about mental health as it's something people don't realise is so important...all the best for 2017 :)
    Feel free to check out my latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this! You're incredibly brave for putting such a personal problem out on the internet for everyone to read. However, I also think it's important for you to talk about it and also for others to read about it. May your 2017 be filled with love and happiness!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so lovely, thank you so much for reading and enjoying! I wish you all the best for 2017! x

      Delete

Copyright © chloxlla
Design by Fearne