LFW Roundup : Faves

23/02/2017

A round up of my fave shows at LFW A/W 17. There's a running theme of masculinity vs femininity, oversized silhouettes and playful pastels with gothic details.
This collection holds dear to my heart as I intern here and got to work backstage on this show. I've been in studio since day 1 helping to work on this collection and to see it on the runway is such a warming feeling. Mixing both the mens and women collection together really demonstrates what MH is all about.
She kills it every season and honestly it kills me too. Autumn / Winter shows us beautiful lace, fuzzy velvet, bold red flowers within pink sunsets and modernised victorian silhouettes; my thoughts don't make a lot of sense but who really cares when you're staring at a collection as beautiful as this.
The whole mix of masculine fabrics with contemporary materials really demonstrates Choi's expert knowledge in menswear and tailoring; throw together oversized layering with an attention to detail and this is going to be one hell of a look when autumn comes around.
Preen by Thornton Bregazzi
Thea Bregazzi and Justin Thornton took inspiration from 20th century female icons and it's highly evident throughout the whole collection. Gothic florals and empowering shapes juxtapose the cuddly duvet wraps we saw the models strut down the runway. It's acceptable to wear to work now right?!
Roksanda
Seriously warm and bold tones including 'Nicoll blue' (a tribute Roksanda made to friend Richard Nicoll who passed away last year) alongside traditional pieces reinvented through 70's influences and Japanese sculptural ideas made for a collection that was exciting but still reminiscent of Roksanda's style.
Shrimps
I've left this major babe till nearer the end because I don't really need to say much because everyone and their mum's know what Shrimps is about. Hannah stuck to her signature of fun faux fur and long feminine gowns but advancing on pattern and colour to provide a modern pattern clash collection. I'm in love.
Molly Goddard
I honestly can't put into words sometimes how much I love Molly Goddard's collection. I want to graduate, get married, have children, do the dishes in every single one of her gowns and that's not even an exaggeration. This time we saw a development into her style whilst keeping at it's roots. Give me them all please.

C x
(If you made it this far I apologise for how crap I am at articulating sentences but I love fashion and I love studying fashion design and for once I've actually felt inspired by women's fashion week so sue me for sharing my thoughts!!)

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Post a Comment

Copyright © Chloxlla
Design by Fearne