Recent things

26/07/2017

Hello! Bonjour! Hola! 

It's been a while, which I feel is going to be a reoccurring thing here but hey that's what I said was going to happen! I wanted to share a few things that have happened recently. A few favourites, a few thoughts, and what not. It has been quite nice writing this, as a reminder on what's happened this week (well the past few weeks in this case) so I think this may be the first on many!
1. Family BBQ's - Last weekend Sam and I went to my family home for a big family party and I haven't felt so content and chilled in a long time. It was a small technology based detox with countryside walks, delicious burgers and good company. Well needed and very much deserved. 

2. Little Orange Notebook - The past few months I have been keeping a little notebook in my bag at all times. It means I can draw, keep notes and write down any thoughts I have whilst on the go. If you follow me on instagram you'll see more on what I get up to!

3. Film Cameras - After spending the last 12 months or so carrying round disposable cameras, I decided to buy myself a little point and shoot. I bought a Minolta from eBay before heading to Berlin in March and have since bought a Canon (charity shop) and now the latest is the little Nikon above (thank you Dad for picking up for £1 at a carboot). I've purchased a vintage red record box to keep all my photos in and there's something so warming about having physical photos and memories to look back on. It's a hobby I'm definitely growing more confident in and having a boyfriend and sister who shoots film also helps a lot!

4. Being ill - I got really ill the end of last weekend and I have spent the last few days off work, lying in bed trying to recover from the dreaded flu, I lost my voice and was sniffling every 5 minutes (sorry not sorry for tmi). Although being sick is quite annoying, it has reminded me that it's important to listen to my body more and take time out. 

5. Podcasts - Annoyingly the same time I got into listening to Podcasts on my daily commute, my headphones break so I had to start using those shitty ones Apple give you when you buy a new phone. Anyway, I have started listening to Podcasts more and more recently instead of listening to music or reading a book on my way to work and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. It is a little worrying that I catch myself smiling or nodding in agreement whilst stood on a busy tube though. Saying that,  my current faves are Lily Pebbles and Anna Newton's 'At Home With...' and I love 'Hey, It's Ok...' by Glamour Magazine. I also listened to Estee Lalonde's new podcast ' The Heart of it" and really enjoyed that too. I'd love to hear your recommendations as you can probably tell, I'm only a beginner into this!

C x


SaveSave

2 comments

  1. Along with your classic essentials, my film camera and notebook are literally all I have been carrying around with me recently! Love the vintage effect of the photos that come out and they are a great way of preserving memories :) hope the pics come out well
    Feel free to check out my latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great way on remembering memories! Thank you x

      Delete

Copyright © chloxlla
Design by Fearne